An Unwavering Commitment to Every Child
Our teachers have four principle goals: to awaken the child’s spirit and imagination; to encourage the child’s normal desire for independence and high sense of self-esteem; to help him develop the kindness, courtesy, respect, responsibility and self-discipline that will allow him to become a full member of society; to help the child learn how to observe, question, and explore ideas – to think and to discover – independently and in community.
- Individuals possessing self-esteem, good character, sensitivity, creativity, years of professional experiences, and most importantly, a profound love of children.
- Well-versed in child development, learning theory and instructional practices.
- Sympathetic to the goals of the Morro Bay United Methodist Children’s Center.
- Dedicated to helping all children realize their unlimited potential for learning and personal achievement.
- Facilitators of each child’s “work cycle.” It is the child that discovers and learns, motivated by the work itself.